About the Blog: Starting my first blog in 2008 called, Designer Deal Diva, this blog is the most recent update to the original. It’s a lifestyle blog, where I share my passion for fashion, shopping, decor, diy, music, inspirational quotes and DC happenings/lifestyle. I originally created my blog (Designer Deal Diva) as a way to help frugalistas (like me) find luxury designer labels on a shoestring budget. You see, I’ve always had a sort of love for designer labels but I NEVER wanted to pay retail price. Not only because I simply can’t afford it, but also because I would rather save those dollars to invest in my family and my future and I believe most of us are trying to find ways to stretch a dollar. Whether you’re looking for a way to get the look for less, trying to copy your favorite celebrity’s style or finding a creative solution for fashion or decor, maybe you will find something useful here on the District Gems blog.
When I am not working with the group at Gems doing graphic design and website administration, I’m crafting jewelry, creating art (digital & other kinds), making and upcycling furniture or I’m trying something new, artistic and creative. The name DISTRICT GEMS, is a dedication to my love for the District (another name for Washington, DC) and being born under the crazy zodiac sign Gemini.
A self-professed shopaholic and I love supporting local DC unique and resell boutiques. Check some of my absolute FAVORITE Local Boutiques in the right-hand column. Recently, I’ve been trying hard to be a minimalist so I’m always selling some great items from my closet on Poshmark.
But wait there’s more…
– I’m a TRUE believer in empathy and kindness.
– I’m obsessed with Designer Vintage; especially Salvatore Ferragamo (he has the same birthday as me) and Chanel
– My personal style is minimalist during the week for work and bohemian/vintage on the weekends. My favorite color to wear is BLACK (all black everything) but I also like black & white, grey and tan.
– I’m a naturalista (just big chopped the 3rd time – 3/2017) & I rock Senegalese Twists at most times, because I can braid them myself.
– I love music (worked at Tower Records DC for several years. Rest in Peace Russ Solomon) and I have been in a several local bands – reggae, rock & electronica.
My favorite quote:
BE KIND, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard internal battle that you know nothing about.
Thanks for checking out District Gems! Please bookmark, come back & enjoy.